Fancy winning £1000 worth of Wilko Products for your school?
This year’s Great Big School Clean will take place between 22 March -23 April 2019.
To help celebrate the start of the #GBSchoolClean on 22 March we would like all schools across the country to take part in the largest schools’ clean-up ever!
Sign up and take part in the Great Big School Clean and your school could be in with a chance of winning £1,000 of equipment, thanks to Great Big Spring Clean’s headline sponsor Wilko.
All you have to do to enter the competition is register a clean-up. The winning school will also have the chance to take part in a filming session with Wilko. Terms and conditions apply and are available on their website: https://www.keepbritaintidy.org/great-big-school-clean
Your school’s involvement does not need to be an overwhelming, massive, all day production. You can plan your school’s involvement for a time that works with your school’s schedule.
- Select a group of children such as your Eco Group, your Student Council, or your Year 5/6 Classes, etc to litter pick in your local community’s area.
- Register your interest on the website: https://www.keepbritaintidy.org/great-big-school-clean
- Plan where you can litter pick within walking distance of your school.
- Carry out a basic risk assessment (see attached litter pick risk assessment).
- Take photos during your litter picking initiative.
- Obtain further details and materials on how to organize a litter pick for your school here: http://www.litteraction.org.uk/images/Whole%20School%20Litter%20Campaign%20pack.pdf
Still not convinced you will be able to fit a litter pick into your school’s busy schedule? Perhaps promoting a “Morning School Run Litter Pick” would enable your students the opportunity to participate on their way into school and you can still enter your school into the competition to win the £1000 worth of Wilko products! Children under their parents/carers guidance can collect litter on the way in to school or even just around where they park the car, and register their efforts during the morning role call. Maybe have a small prize for the class with the most participation.
If your school IS interested in participating, but you don’t have time to register, simply reply to this email detailing the following information:
- what specific group of students will be litter picking
- your contact information
- the date your school will have the litter pick
- IF bag collection is available, where the preferred collection point would be. (if it is a small event, you can make use your normal rubbish receptacles).
In return, in coordination with the Isle of Wight Council, I will:
- log your event on the Great British Spring Clean event map
- forward your information to have your school’s participation included with coverage in the general press release announcing Isle of Wight’s participation along with further coverage over the Isle of Wight Council’s social media pre and post event. Send in lots of photos of your event so the Isle of Wight Council can include them in press coverage!
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require additional information or if you have any questions.Let’s take responsibility for our environment and be the change we want to see on our gorgeous Island, one piece of litter at a time!
T Jayston Friends of Binstead Primary School, Chair
Binstead Primary School, Governor Vice Chair
Important Information – Disclosure, Confidentiality and Monitoring of this email If you are not the Intended Recipient please contact the sender as soon as possible. It is intended only for the personal attention of the named person, firm or company to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and confidential in law. Accordingly any unauthorised dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of its content by any other person may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. No mistake in transmission is intended to waive or compromise any such privilege. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Binstead Primary School Governing Body. The information contained in this e-mail may be subject to disclosure to third parties under either the Data Protection Act 1998 or the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to the extent the law allows and in accordance with the Isle of Wight Council’s policies which have been adopted by the School on information management. (If you wish the disclosure of the information in any reply to be restricted please make this clear in your response). Binstead Primary School, Hazelmere Avenue, Binstead, Isle of Wight, PO33 3SA T:01983562341 W:www.binsteadpri.co.uk