Organisers of the ‘Wight Proms’ festival held annually in August in Cowes, have just launched ‘Wight Proms Wednesdays’, starting in February.
• They would like to bring their audience a bit of the ‘Wight Proms’ throughout the year and not just in August for the
festival, so they have launched their first ever lunchtime concert series.
• Taking place monthly at 12:30 on five Wednesdays and each lasting 40 minutes, they are the ideal lunch break addition, taking place in the Ballroom at Northwood House, Cowes.
• You can buy tickets for all 5 concerts for the price of 4.
• Tickets now on sale: www.wightproms.co.uk/wednesdays
- 16th February – Thomas Luke (Piano)
Winner of BBC Young Musician Keyboard Final from Ryde
- 2nd March – Thomas Cameron (Voice)
Classical BRIT nominated classical-crossover tenor
- 11th May – Daniel Boys (Voice)
Award-winning West End Leading Man
- 8th June – Anne Denholm (Harp)
Former Official Harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales
- 13th July – James Longford (Piano)
Steinway Artist and award-winning pianist from Ryde
There are also two family concerts on 13th April as part of ‘Wight Proms Wednesdays’.
Both concerts are a wonderful way to introduce classical music to younger children whilst also entertaining the adults.
With live wind quintet consisting flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon and French horn, and narrator.
They will both take place at Trinity Theatre in Cowes.
- 11:00 – Peter & the Wolf
- 14:00 – Paddington Bear’s First Classical Concert
The Wight Proms 2022 annual outdoor festival will take place on 18-21 August in the grounds of Northwood House in Cowes, celebrating opera, comedy, musical theatre, and of course the ‘Last Wight of the Proms’. Tickets will go on sale later this month